1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix together oats, flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. In another large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Blend egg and vanilla.
4. Blend flour mixture into butter mixture and then fold in coconut and raisins.
5. Scoop heaped tablespoon fulls onto baking sheet, spaced about 3" apart, then flatten twice with a fork.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown on the bottom. Let sit on pan 3 minutes* before transferring to wire rack to cool. Serve & enjoy!
*It's very important to let them sit to cool and firm up on the pan before transferring to wire rack, or else they could crumble apart.
Makes 30 cookies.
|Golden brown on the bottom and pale on top!|
|Chewy on the inside!|