2 cups flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teapsoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup shortening
5 tablespoons molasses
2 teaspoons vanilla
candied coated chocolate eggs (I used Hershey's Eggies)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl cream together sugar and shortening. Add eggs, molasses, and vanilla, and mix until well combined and fluffy. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
4. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet spacing 2" apart. Press in 2-3 candied coated chocolate eggs and bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
5. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transfering to wire rack to cool completely. Serve & enjoy!
Great with a glass of milk! Makes about 30.