1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 packet (2 1/4 teaspoons) yeast
1/3 cup warm water (110°F)
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons water
1. In a microwavable safe bowl, place milk and butter. Mircowave mixture until milk is hot and butter is melted, about 45 seconds. Cool mixture until warm, about 110°F.
2. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water with 1 tablespoon of the sugar. Let stand 10 minutes.
3. Add cooled milk mixture to yeast along with extracts and flavorings. Whisk in egg, remaining sugar, and salt. Stir in 2 cups of flour then add 1/4 cup at a time until dough forms.
4. When dough pulls together, turn out onto floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, 8-10 minutes, adding flour as needed.
5. Place dough in an oiled bowl, turning once to coat. Cover with plastic wrap then let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about an hour. (I put mine in the oven with just the oven light on).
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface and punch down. Roll into 10x20" rectangle. For filling, in a small bowl mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour. Add melted butter and stir until combined.
7. Sprinkle filling over dough then starting from the long side, roll up like a jelly roll. Form into an oval shape then place onto baking sheet. With a knife make cuts a third of the way through the dough in 1" intervals then turn cut sides facing up.
8. Cover with a tea towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes. Bake at 375°F for about 25-30 minutes until brown on top, browned on the bottom, and hollow sounding when tapped on the bottom.
9. For the glaze, in a saucepan over high heat, mix together sugar and water. Stir constantly until sugar has dissolved then remove from heat. Brush syrup over cake. Let cool a few minutes then slice & serve!