Adapted from Le Petit Brioche
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon orange zest
4 tablespoons cold butter
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon whipping cream
2 tablespoons sugar or vanilla bean-infused sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl combined flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and orange zest. Cut in butter until the size of small peas. Stir in blueberries.
2. In a bowl whisk together egg and whipping cream. Add to dry ingredients and stir with fork until dough forms. Dough might be a bit dry.
3. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and handling as little as possible, pat into a 6x6" square, about 1" thick. Cut square into quarters and each quarter cut diagonally in half making 8 triangles.
4. Place scones onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush tops with cream and sprinkle with sugar. Bake 18-25 minutes or until browned and hollow sounding when gently tapped.
5. Let scones cool completely or serve warm with butter and jam. Enjoy!