Adapted from Devon Scones
225 grams flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
25 grams sugar
50 grams butter
150 ml milk
1 small apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1 beaten egg
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Rub the butter into the flour until only fine pieces remain, the mixture should resemble breadcrumbs. Stir in apple and butterscotch chips.
3. Add milk to flour mixture and stir with a fork until soft dough forms. Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface, and handling as little as possible, pat into a 1" thick circle.
4. Using a 2" cookie cutter, cut out scones and place onto prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with beaten egg and bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown on the top and bottom.
5. Place scones on a wire rack to cool. Serve with cream and jam along with a cup of tea!
Makes 8 scones.