Adapted from Laura In The Kitchen
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
zest of 1 orange
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup melted chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour madeleine pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until thickened and pale in colour, about 3-4 minutes on high speed.
3. Reduce speed and add the vanilla, orange zest, flour, salt, and baking powder. Slowly drizzle in melted butter and mix until everything is combined.
4. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into molds, filling about half full. Bake 8-12 minutes until edges are golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
5. Turn out madeleines and let cool completely before dipping into melted chocolate. Let chocolate set and then serve & enjoy!
Makes about 2 dozen.