Adapted from All Recipes
450 grams puff pastry
6 egg yolks
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and grease regular muffin pan. Roll out puff pastry until about 1/4" thick, use a 4.5" round cookie cutter to cut out pieces of pastry to fit in the muffin cavities.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together milk, whipping cream, sugar, and cornstarch. Stir constantly until mixture is hot to the touch.
3. Slowly drizzle half of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks to temper them, whisk constantly. Slowly pour the egg yolk mixture back into the hot milk mixture and place saucepan back over the heat.
4. Cook and stir the custard until thickened, about 5 minutes. Drop custard by tablespoonfuls into the puff pastry cases. Bake 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and custard is lightly browned.
5. Cool tarts completely and then, if desired, chill for about 2 hours before serving. Serve and enjoy!
Makes 1 dozen.