3 cups chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
1 cup chopped strawberries
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon cream
custard, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Line a 9" pie plate with bottom crust and set aside.
2. In a small bowl mix together cornstarch, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the sugar mixture on the bottom of the pie crust.
3. In a large bowl mix together rhubarb, strawberries, and remaining sugar mixture. Pour fruit into crust and sprinkle lemon juice over top and dot with butter. Brush the edges with cream and place over top crust.
4. Cut vent holes in the top crust and brush entire top of the pie with cream. Bake pie 45-50 minutes or until pie is golden brown and fruit is tender. If over-browning is occurring, cover with crust protector or tin foil.
5. Let pie cool completely or serve warm with hot custard! Store leftovers in the fridge. Enjoy!
Makes 1 pie.