1 batch sweet shortcrust pastry
175 grams butter, softened
175 grams sugar
175 grams ground almonds
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
3 tablespoons slivered almonds
1. Line five 4" wide tart shells with shortcrust pastry, pricking the pastry with a fork. Chill shells until firm, about 30 minutes. Cover pastry with parchment paper and place weights. Dry rice or beans work well.
2. Bake shells at 350°F for 15 minutes, remove weights and continue baking for 5-8 minutes or until lightly golden.
3. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar. Alternate blending in ground almonds and eggs, and then stir in the almond extract.
4. Spread jam in the bottom of each tart shell and then spread over the frangipane to cover the jam. Sprinkle slivered almonds over top and bake tarts for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
5. Let tarts cool completely on a wire rack. Serve with a cup of tea & enjoy!