Adapted from Delicious Gifts
1/2 cup softened butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can (300ml) sweetened condensed milk
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips or candy melting wafers (I used the wafers)
1-2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
1. In a small bowl mix together flour and baking soda. In a large bowl mix together softened butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in vanilla and sweetened condensed milk until well combined. Add flour and mix well.
2. Stir in chocolate chips until well distributed. Cover bowl and chill dough until firm about 2 hours or longer if needed. Using a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop over level tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into a ball. Place onto a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper. Freeze balls until firm about 20 minutes.
3. In a microwavable safe bowl place the chocolate chips or candy melts. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals until smooth, add vegetable shortening to thin the chocolate if needed.
4. Dip the cookie dough balls into the melted chocolate. Use a fork to coat the ball in the chocolate and to tap off as much excess chocolate as possible. Place onto a wax or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
5. Decorate with sprinkles one by one as you work, the chocolate will set fast especially if using candy melts. Let the chocolate set at room temperature or in the fridge. Serve & enjoy!
These truffles are best stored in the fridge or freezer! Makes about 55.