Idea from Betty Crocker
Cookie Base Adapted from Hungry Peepor
150 grams butter, softened
100 grams icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 egg yolks
350 grams flour
300 grams white chocolate buttons, melted
1/2 cup dried cranberries
100 grams milk chocolate nonpareils
other dried fruits and/or nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. In a large bowl cream together butter and icing sugar until smooth. Blend in vanilla and egg yolks until combined.
2. Sift the flour and salt over the butter mixture and blend until crumbly. Turn out dough onto your work surface and bring together, dough will be very crumbly.
3. Using your hands press the dough out onto the prepared baking sheet, until about 1/2" thick. Bake until golden brown around the edges, about 12-15 minutes.
4. Let cookie cool completely before topping with chocolate, dried fruits, and candies. First spread the melted white chocolate over the surface of the cookie. Top with desired toppings and then let set.
5. Once the chocolate has set, break cookie into small pieces. Now you can serve your delicious creation on a plate or store in a tin or give as a gift! Enjoy!
This recipe is very easy to make and versatile. Make two or three different versions for a great looking cookie platter!